Saturday, September 8, 2012

The soaker

Jonah has been helping water the flowers with his watering can throughout the summer and has become much more competent at doing so. Recently, he started asking if he could use the hose to water the plants too.  While Ben was traveling last week, I handed the hose over to Jonah, knowing he would probably get pretty soaked but figuring that it would be some good, clean fun.

Unfortunately, I'd left my phone inside because it was nearly dead, so I missed some great footage where Jonah was really spraying the water as far as he could and where he talked about trying to spray the helicopter and planes that were flying overhead. However, after seeing him having such a good time, I forced him to go back inside with me to grab my phone to record some more. It was after this that he decided to turn the hose on ME:


Unfortunately, before I was finished recording, I ran out of space on my phone (I've now deleted hundreds of pictures I'd been letting build up), so the video cut off before Jonah accidentally sprayed himself a number of times, turned the hose back on me once again, and decided he wanted to spray the "for sale" sign in our yard.

While he WAS quite wet by the time we finished, this is a good reminder to myself to say YES to him more often when he wants to do things like this. We both had a blast, it was time to change him from his clothes into his pajamas anyways, and Jonah had a learning experience as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment