Sunday, January 22, 2012

Breaking the Rules

Ben's away on another business trip and had to leave midday to make it to the West Coast for training sessions tomorrow morning.  If I didn't want to show some cute video, he'd never know that I introduced Jonah to the world of couch cushions as toys...  Jonah's a pretty active kid and loves to go outside, but it was cold enough that I really wasn't in the mood to stand around and watch him push his tractor up and down the street (which he prefers over the snow).  Bad mama, I know.  I wanted to find something that would allow him to be a little more active while staying inside and figure it was as good of a time as any to introduce the couch cushions to him.

I'm not sure he realized what was going on at first as I piled the cushions up at the one of the room, but it didn't take him long at all to figure out what he could do with them:


After he crawled up and over them for a while, I decided to set some up like a tunnel, as he continues to love trains and thought it was a good opportunity for imaginative play.  Unfortunately, the best video of him going through the tunnel is rather fuzzy (what I did wrong with the iPhone is beyond me): 




He also enjoyed sitting on the couch and discovering the stuff I need to vacuum up, had a bit of a fit when he knocked over his tunnel as it needed to be recreated ASAP, and he enjoyed pulling on the zipper on one of the cushions to see what was inside.



I have a feeling we have much more of this in store.  After dinner, he walked up to the couch on several occasions, touched the cushions, and said, "off."  As he is easily distractable, we didn't do any more cushion play today, but I look forward to building forts and having more creative fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment