Sunday, October 24, 2010

Urine for a little laugh

This morning, Jonah did something he hasn't done in quite a while: peed while I changed his diaper. He went from napping on me to hunger tantrum in about .04 seconds, so I brought him upstairs to change him before passing him off to Michelle to feed.

When I got his diaper off, it looked like some pesky poo escaped the back of his diaper and had gone up his back. While I was investigating, he peed a little. I noticed, but thought he was done, so I returned to cleaning him up.

He wasn't done.

Our little guy turned into a little geyser. I couldn't cover him with the dirty diaper, and for some reason I didn't think to grab the new diaper, so I tried stopping the gush with the diaper wipe. Let me tell you, diaper wipes are great to clean up a mess, but they are certainly NOT absorbent. Jonah didn't like being covered by the diaper wipe. He must have stopped peeing when he was covered up, and would start up again when I removed my makeshift diaper wipe peepee teepee. Pee -- ach! cover it up... wait... check... More pee! - cover, wait, check... Still going!

Michelle and I both started to crack up watching this whole little comedy unfold because there wasn't much we could do except wait out the little storm and contain it as best as possible. Jonah even stopped crying a bit while he was making his little mess to look at us like we were crazy. Fortunately, we were able to keep it contained to the changing pad, and all is good now.

1 comment:

  1. Love the title! I remember those days so well. Hard to believe almost 6 years have gone by. Glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete