Sunday, September 25, 2011

Houston

Playing in the water area outdoors.
Jonah and I flew to Texas together on August 19 to join Ben, who had already been there for the week, in attending Tim and Amy's wedding.  Jonah had been on several flights before, but I wasn't certain how I would do managing alone. It went remarkably well, in part because Ben had taken the vast majority of our personal items with him in a suitcase earlier in the week.  I only needed to manage a small diaper bag, a few food items, the car seat and stroller, and entertainment for the flight. 

Once we got to the airport, Jonah entertained himself (and lots of other people) by pushing his stroller around the terminal.  This served two purposes: entertaining him and wearing him out.  Within 15 minutes of takeoff, he was sound asleep on my lap and I was able to do some reading on my iPad.  The twenty-something gentleman seated next to me told me when we landed that Jonah had been an angel.  Now that's definitely a compliment coming from a college student!

"Driving" one of the trucks.
Aside from wedding activities - Ben was the best man - we had a bit of time to catch up with our friend Amy (who delivered her first baby a week later), and to visit with my cousin, Johanna, and her family at the Children's Museum of Houston. What a great museum with a fabulous area for kids Jonah's age!! He really loved it and could certainly have spent more time there, had it not been time for lunch and a nap.  Featured here are a few of our favorite shots from the trip (I'm really surprised that we didn't get more shots while we were there).

Jonah did really well overall with the travel, though his napping and bedtimes were not always in synch with the schedule of wedding events, and unfortunately, he chose to vocalize a bit while the bridal couple were saying their vows. I do think he won lots of people over with his smile and antics. I'm really glad we were able to join in on Tim and Amy's special day!


Additional images from the trip (including a lot of wedding photos) are on our Phanfare site.


Learning to milk a cow.
Playing with all kinds of knobs and checking out the dials.

All tuckered out and napping in the pack and play.

With the groom!


In the hotel room as we were packing to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment